Spray Tender System - Automated Chemical Mixing System
A spray tender trailer, also known as a sprayer tender or nurse trailer, is a specialized piece of equipment used in agricultural applications, specifically for supporting and transporting liquid fertilizers
A spray tender trailer, also known as a sprayer tender or nurse trailer, is a specialized piece of equipment used in agricultural applications, specifically for supporting and transporting liquid fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and other agricultural chemicals to the field. It is commonly used in conjunction with sprayers or applicators to provide a convenient and efficient way of refilling them while working in the field.
Here are the key features and functions of a spray tender trailer:
- Storage Tanks: A spray tender trailer is equipped with one or more storage tanks to hold liquid agricultural products. These tanks are typically made of corrosion-resistant materials like polyethylene or stainless steel and have varying capacities to accommodate different volumes of liquid.
- Pumping System: The trailer is equipped with a pumping system, usually powered by a PTO (power take-off) or hydraulic system, which allows for transferring the liquid from the storage tanks to the sprayer or applicator. The pump may also include filtration systems to remove any impurities or debris from the liquid.
- Plumbing and Hose Reels: The trailer has a network of plumbing and hose reels that enable the transfer of the liquid from the storage tanks to the sprayer or applicator. The plumbing system ensures proper connections and controls the flow of liquid during the refilling process. The hose reels provide a convenient and organized way to extend hoses for filling the sprayer or applicator.
- Metering and Monitoring: Some spray tender trailers are equipped with metering systems that measure the amount of liquid being transferred. This allows the operator to accurately monitor and control the application rates of fertilizers or chemicals. Additionally, monitoring devices such as flow meters, pressure gauges, and level indicators may be present to ensure efficient and precise operations.
- Mobility and Transportability: Spray tender trailers are designed to be towed behind a tractor or a truck, making them mobile and easily transportable between fields or locations. They are typically equipped with suspension systems, brakes, and lights to ensure safe and legal transportation on public roads.
- Additional Features: Depending on the specific model and manufacturer, spray tender trailers may include additional features such as storage compartments for tools and equipment, mix tanks for blending chemicals, agitation systems to prevent the settling of liquids, and integrated rinsing systems for cleaning the tanks and hoses after use.
Spray tender trailers are valued in agriculture because they enhance efficiency and productivity by reducing downtime for refilling and ensuring a continuous supply of liquid products to the sprayer or applicator. They provide a convenient and organized solution for transporting, storing, and transferring agricultural chemicals in the field, helping farmers and applicators optimize their operations and achieve accurate and effective application of fertilizers and pesticides.
What's Your Reaction?